SNF NostosSNF Nostos

Keeping SNF Nostos 2021 healthy, safe, and fun

July 23 2021

Dear Friends,

As preparations for SNF Nostos 2021 by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) continue, we aim to welcome as many people as possible with an open celebration while protecting public health and safety.

Our goal is to keep the spirit of SNF Nostos alive, even at a difficult time, so that we can all share five days filled with electrifying music, engaging art, family fun, avant-garde ideas, and lively dialogue. For this to happen, we must—above all—be healthy and safe.

For this reason, following the current health protocols and adding further safeguards, we are transforming the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) into a designated safe zone for the duration of the festival. During the days of SNF Nostos (August 25-29, 2021), all those who meet any of the following conditions will be admitted to the SNFCC:

  • People who have certification of vaccination (with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior) 
    or
  • People who have documentation proving that they have recovered from the virus (dated within six months of the event)
    or
  • People who have a negative PCR or rapid test (performed within the last 72 or 48 hours, respectively)

As noted in our previous announcement, free rapid testing is available in various locations around Attica. Additionally, as a convenience to those who wish to attend SNF Nostos, we will offer the option to take a free rapid test at the perimeter of the SNFCC prior to entry.

Thus, the SNF Nostos events held outdoors will be open to all visitors who are within the safe zone of the SNFCC.

In accordance with recent health measures, some of the indoor events*, including the SNF Nostos Conference, will be accessible to fully vaccinated visitors over 18 (with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior), to visitors over 18 who have recovered from the virus (with documentation dated within six months of the event), and to all visitors under 18 who have entered the safe zone of the SNFCC per the guidelines above.

On August 25, the first day of the festival, the SNF Nostos Run will take place. To be able to offer a safe, fun race, this year’s SNF Nostos Run will be open to a maximum of 5,000 runners for the 10k and 6k routes (2,500 runners each), and additionally to Special Olympics athletes for the 1k route. Registration for the race, adhering fully to guidelines officially approved by the Greek state, will fall into two categories: 75% of spots are reserved for participants who have been fully vaccinated (with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior) or have recovered from the virus (with documentation dated within six months of the event), while the remaining 25% of spots are open to runners who have a negative PCR or rapid test (performed within 72 or 48 hours of the run, respectively). Registration for the SNF Nostos Run will open on Monday, July 26.

We are aware that the situation is constantly evolving and are making every effort to offer an environment as safe and welcoming as possible, enabling all of us to get together again and enjoy SNF Nostos as we have known and loved it.

We can’t wait to see you all in person on August 25-29, and we will continue to keep you updated.

The SNF Nostos Team


*These events are as follows:
The SNF Nostos Conference, William Kentridge Sibyl, and the screening of Metropolis with live music by The Anvil Orchestra, which will take place at the GNO’s Stavros Niarchos Hall

AI in Fiction, Annie Dorsen Hello Hi There, Beth Corning Just Human, Ergon Ensemble and Shiva Feshareki, and Fragments, Philip Glass: Etudes for Piano, Vol. I - An audiovisual interpretation, which will take place at the GNO’s Alternative Stage

SNF Nostos Film Screenings, Humanity and AI, which will take place at NLG Lighthouse & 360